Propecia (or finasteride) can cease and even regrow hair lost due male pattern hair loss. The clinical studies have displayed that about 80 percent of men who have used Propecia cited positive changes in hair loss processes in the hairline and crown areas.
Unfortunately Propecia is not a cure for all stages of male hair loss and it has its limits in reversing the process. Some stages and areas will require hair transplants, because here Propecia can stop the balding process but cannot regrow the hair lost. Specialists also stress the importance of taking the medication as early as possible, when you start noticing symptoms of hair loss. For older men and men who have started balding a couple of years ago it will be much harder to stop hair loss and regrow any hair. And remember that in some medical conditions Propecia should not be used, so take note if you have an allergic reaction to Avodart, liver disease, bladder and urethra issues or prostate cancer.
Propecia rarely leads to any side-effects, however there is a possibility to develop some unpleasant symptoms. If you observe any changes and strange sensations in your breasts contact your doctor as soon as possible. Other side-effects that can place are loss of sex drive, erectile dysfunction, pain in testicles, abnormal ejaculation, headache, feet and hands swelling, skin rash.
Women should exercise extreme caution when contacting with Propecia pills and should not take it. Pregnant women have to be most careful because Propecia has hormone affective properties, which reslut in birth defects and abnormalities in fetus development. Propecia is absorbed through the skin, so if you touched a broken pill, wash your hands with soap as soon as possible. Propecia tablets have protective coating that should never be broken.
Before Taking Propecia
- To start a course of Propecia treatment you first need to consult with your doctor and strictly follow the prescription issued.
- Remember that Propecia requires constant intake to be effective.
- If you stop taking the drug even when having positive results, the regrown hair will be lost and balding is likely to start again.
- Propecia is to be taken once daily with a glass of water. Do not take a double dose if you have missed the previous one.
- The first results are usually observed after 3 months of taking the medication. If you don't see any effects in a 12 month period, it is likely that Propecia isn't effective for you at all.